Plastic Surgery in Woodbridge, VA
Plastic Surgery in Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Jules Feledy is a board-certified aesthetic and reconstructive surgeon with an office near Woodbridge, Virginia. As a seasoned plastic surgeon, Dr. Feledy is committed to providing each of his patients with individualized treatment plans. His skill, dedication to excellence and caring demeanor has helped him rank as a Top Doctor by the U.S. News and World Report. These are just a few of the reasons that men and women throughout the Woodbridge, Virginia, area trust Dr. Feledy to perform their plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic Surgery Procedures Available Near Woodbridge, Virginia
Facelift (aka Rhytidectomy)
A facelift is a plastic surgery procedure that Dr. Jules Feledy uses to provide his patients with the more youthful-looking facial characteristics they desire. With a facelift, Dr. Feledy can eliminate the sagging skin that develops as we age.
Issues addressed with this plastic surgery procedure include:
- The deep folds that develop from the outside of each nostril to the corresponding outer corner of the mouth (i.e., nasolabial folds).
- The excess skin that falls beneath the lower jawline (i.e., the jowls).
- Cheeks that sag.
Eyelid Surgery (aka Blepharoplasty)
At Belmont Plastic Surgery, Dr. Jules Feledy performs blepharoplasty procedures on the upper and lower eyelids to address a variety of issues. With this plastic surgery procedure, Dr. Feledy repairs eyelids that droop, which may involve the removal of excess fat, skin and muscle. Droopy skin around the eyes can obstruct an individual’s peripheral and upper vision. Besides improving the patient’s vision, he or she will look younger and appear more alert after the blepharoplasty is complete.
Brow Lift (aka Forehead Rejuvenation or Forehead Lift)
This plastic surgery procedure is designed to raise the skin and the soft tissue of the eyebrows and forehead. A forehead lift addresses a low brow and/or corrects lopsided eyebrows. In addition, the area surrounding the eyes is improved.
Dr. Jules Feledy can perform a brow lift by itself or with other plastic surgery procedures, including a facelift and blepharoplasty.
A brow lift can address:
- The shortened distance between the eyelashes and the eyebrows.
- Low brows that are contributing to droopy eyelids.
- The angry, sad or tired look caused by the lower position of the brows.
A neck lift is a plastic surgery procedure that Dr. Feledy performs at his surgery center near Woodbridge, Virginia. With a neck lift, he removes the excess skin and fat that has accumulated around the jawline. Removing this fat and skin provides the patient with a more defined, youthful-looking lower face and neck. Many patients choose to have a neck lift in conjunction with a facelift.
Ear Pinning Surgery (aka Otoplasty or Cosmetic Ear Surgery)
With this procedure, Dr. Feledy can change the size and/or shape of the ear. This plastic surgery procedure can be performed as soon as the ears have finished growing, which is typically after the age of 5.
An otoplasty procedure near Woodbridge, Virginia, can address:
- Ears that appear too large for the head.
- Dissatisfaction with previous otoplasty results.
- Ears that project too far from the head.
- Typically, for the sake of optimal symmetry, both ears are treated during the same plastic surgery session.
Rhinoplasty (aka Cosmetic Nose Surgery or ‘Nose Job’)
Cosmetic nose surgery is designed to address a variety of issues related to the size, proportions or shape of the nose. A rhinoplasty can change the physical characteristics of the nose, improve an individual’s ability to breathe through his or her nose, or accomplish both.
Rhinoplasty is also performed to repair deformities resulting from trauma or to address a birth defect.
This plastic surgery procedure is used to emphasize a patient’s cheeks. A cheek augmentation may be accomplished with an implant, through the injection of a soft tissue filler or through injections of the patient’s own harvested and purified fat.
A chin augmentation is designed to enhance the size of or reshape the patient’s chin. This plastic surgery procedure can be performed by inserting a fitted implant directly on top of the patient’s natural chin bone. Typically, this procedure is used to address a chin lacking projection or to add definition to an underdeveloped chin.
Breast Augmentation (aka Augmentation Mammoplasty, Breast Implant Surgery or ‘Boob Job’)
An augmentation mammoplasty is used to add volume to the breasts through the placement of breast implants. These implants may be placed beneath the breast tissue and the pectoral muscles or just beneath the breast tissue. Patients can choose silicone or saline breast implants as well other characteristics of the implant, including its size, projection, shape and texture. As an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Jules Feledy is always happy to help his patients as they make these decisions.
A woman may choose to have an augmentation mammoplasty procedure to:
- Correct asymmetrical breasts.
- Add volume to breasts that the patient feels are too small.
Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer (aka Autologous Fat Grafting for Augmentation Mammoplasty, Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation or Augmentation Mammoplasty with Autologous Fat)
During this innovative procedure, Dr. Jules Feledy harvests fat via liposuction from various areas of the patient’s body. Areas frequently used for fat harvesting are those with excess fat that are resistant to diet and exercise (e.g., the abdomen and the thighs). This plastic surgery procedure is ideal for women who would like to increase their breast size without using implants. However, with this procedure, the patient can only increase her breast size by a maximum of one cup.
A Breast Lift (aka Mastopexy) Near Woodbridge, Virginia
This plastic surgery procedure is performed to change the shape of the breasts. While performing a breast lift, Dr. Feledy removes excess skin and reshapes the breast mound to move it higher on the patient’s chest. Women who have breasts that sag and/or who have overly large nipple-areolar complexes that point downward may be good candidates for a mastopexy procedure.
A woman may choose to have a breast lift to address:
- Nipple-areolar complexes that fall beneath the breast crease.
- Loss of breast volume and shape: Breasts are longer and flatter.
- Nipple-areolar complexes that point downward.
- Asymmetrical breasts, with one breast falling lower than the other.
- Nipple-areolar complexes that have become stretched, resulting in complexes that are no longer proportionate to the size of the breasts.
Tubular breasts may have several issues that need to be addressed. A woman with tuberous breasts may have small breasts that have not finished developing.
Characteristics of tuberous breast deformity include:
- Puffiness/Bulging of the nipple-areolar complex (i.e., areolar herniation).
- Breast skin deficiency.
- Underdevelopment of the breast or small breast size (i.e., breast hypoplasia).
- Malposition of the crease located beneath the breast (i.e., inframammary fold).
- Breast constriction.
- Breast asymmetry.
A Breast Reduction (aka Reduction Mammaplasty) with Dr. Feledy Near Woodbridge, Virginia
During a breast reduction procedure, Dr. Feledy removes excess tissue, fat and skin from the patient’s breasts. In addition, he reduces the size of the nipple-areolar complexes and then gently moves each complex to the corresponding, newly contoured breast mound, which now sits higher on the patient’s chest.
A woman may choose to have this plastic surgery procedure to:
- Remove the obstacles that her overly large breasts are causing in relation to participating in certain activities (e.g., jogging, horseback riding, etc.).
- Eliminate or reduce chronic shoulder, neck and/or back pain that is being caused by her overly large, heavy breasts.
- Reduce or eliminate nerve pain.
- Address skin irritations and/or chronic rash development beneath the breasts.
Breast Explant Surgery (aka Breast Implant Removal or Explant Surgery)
While performing this plastic surgery procedure, Dr. Jules Feledy removes the breast implant from within its pocket. Sometimes, breast explant surgery is relatively straightforward, allowing Dr. Feledy to use the same incision locations that were used during the patient’s original breast augmentation procedure.
Reasons a woman may choose to have her breast implants removed via explant surgery include:
- The implant ruptured.
- Discomfort or pain.
- Capsular contracture.
- The implant has become visible beneath the skin.
- Autoimmune issues, including breast implant illness.
- Old, out-of-date breast implants.
- Rippling of the implant, palpability.
- Medical reasons (e.g., breast implant illness).
Breast Implant Replacement
If a woman has had her breast implants removed, she may choose to have her implants replaced.
Reasons for implant replacement include:
- To switch her current implants out for a newer breast implant design.
- The development of excess scar tissue (i.e., capsular contracture).
- To address deflation or a rupture.
- To help a patient who is unhappy with her initial breast augmentation results attain the beautiful, natural-looking, voluptuous breasts she desires.
Breast Reconstruction Following a Mastectomy with Dr. Jules Feledy Near Woodbridge, Virginia
Dr. Feledy uses his artistic vision and skill to create beautiful, natural-looking breasts for women following a mastectomy.
Transverse Rectus Abdominis (TRAM) Flap Breast Reconstruction:
- TRAM refers to the muscle located in the lower abdomen between the waist and pubic bone. Dr. Feledy uses part of the rectus abdominus muscle in conjunction with a flap of skin and fat to reconstruct the breasts.
Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforators (DIEP) Flap Breast Reconstruction:
- This procedure requires the removal of blood vessels, fat and skin from the patient’s lower abdomen. Following removal, Dr. Feledy transfers them to the patient’s chest so Dr. Feledy can reconstruct her breasts without sacrificing any abdominal muscles.
Fat Grafting (aka Liposculpture or Autologous Fat Transfer)
With this plastic surgery procedure, Dr. Feledy uses liposuction to remove excess fat from the areas of the body that are resistant to diet and exercise. After purifying the fat, Dr. Feledy can inject the fat to restore volume in certain areas of the patient’s face.
Issues frequently addressed with fat grafting include:
- Acne scars.
- Facial cheeks that are sunken in.
- Areas that lack volume due to the natural aging process and sun damage.
- Facial lines/wrinkles.
Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
For a body to appear well-proportioned, the buttocks must be shapely and proportionate to the rest of the body. During a Brazilian butt lift, Dr. Feledy uses autologous fat to target particular areas of the patient’s buttocks to achieve a fuller, rounder and more proportionate set of buttocks.
Lower Body Lift
This plastic surgery procedure is frequently used for individuals who have lost a substantial amount of weight, which has left them with an abundance of excess skin. During this procedure, Dr. Feledy contours the lower body, sculpting the patient’s thighs, buttocks, low back and lower abdomen. In addition, he tightens the lower abdominal muscle structure.
Liposuction (aka Lipoplasty or Body Contouring)
This procedure uses suction to remove fat from certain areas of the body. Sometimes, the fat that is removed is purified for reinjection into other areas.
Dr. Feledy uses liposuction to remove fat from areas resistant to diet and exercise, these areas include the:
- Ankles and Calves.
- Thighs and Hips.
- Neck and Chin.
- Back and Chest.
- Upper Arms.
Sometimes, Dr. Feledy uses liposuction during his breast reduction procedures.
A Mommy Makeover in Stafford, Virginia, Near Woodbridge
Mothers all over the country are choosing to undergo a group of plastic surgery procedures to regain their pre-pregnancy bodies.
Procedures that are frequently performed during a mommy makeover include:
- Breast Augmentations.
- Tummy Tucks.
- Breast Lifts.
- Breast Augmentation with Autologous Fat Transfers.
- Mini Tummy Tucks.
- Brazilian Butt Lifts.
Tummy Tuck (aka Abdominoplasty)
At Belmont Plastic Surgery, Dr. Feledy performs tummy tuck procedures to help individuals attain the abdominal characteristics they desire.
An individual may decide to have a tummy tuck to address:
- Excess fat and poor elasticity or weak connective tissue in the abdomen.
- Excess fat and skin.
- Stretch marks in the area where excess skin is removed (lower abdomen beneath the navel).
Body Contouring (aka Body Sculpting)
Body contouring refers to a group of procedures that are used to improve the appearance of a patient’s tissue and skin following major weight loss.
Some body sculpting procedures include:
- Tummy Tucks.
- Arm Lifts.
- Breast Rejuvenation Procedures.
- Inner Thigh Lifts.
- Brazilian Butt Lifts.
During this procedure, Dr. Jules Feledy decreases the size of the inner tissues of the female genitalia (labia minora) to make them flush with the outer part of the genitalia (labia majora).
Reasons a woman may choose to have a labiaplasty include to:
- Solve hygiene issues.
- Reduce the likelihood of developing urinary tract infections.
- Make exercising more comfortable.
- Improve her sex life.
This is a general term that is used to cover a variety of different hand procedures. The goal with any hand surgery is to restore function of the hand and fingers. Although function is important, so is the way the hand looks.
For this reason, plastic surgeons perform reconstructive hand surgery to address:
- Degenerative changes in the hand’s structure.
- Infections of the hand.
- Hand injuries.
- Congenital defects affecting the hand.
- Diseases that are known to damage and/or change the structures of the hands (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis).
A thigh lift is a plastic surgery procedure that is used to remove excess fat, skin and tissue from the patient’s thighs. Typically, individuals who have lost a significant amount of weight resulting in excess skin are good candidates for this plastic surgery procedure.
Gynecomastia, A Plastic Surgery Procedure Specifically Designed for Men
With this plastic surgery procedure, Dr. Feledy reduces the size of a man’s breasts so he can feel more masculine and less self-conscious about the way his chest looks.
Scheduling A Consultation
If you are interested in learning more about any of the plastic surgery procedures available at Belmont Plastic Surgery in Stafford, Virginia, near Woodbridge, call 540-891-0040 or click here to schedule your initial consultation with board-certified aesthetic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Jules Feledy. Belmont Plastic Surgery is located at 2071 Jefferson Davis Hwy.