Bethesda Plastic Surgery
At Belmont Plastic Surgery, Dr. Jules Feledy, who is an award-winning, board-certified, aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon, offers individuals residing in and around Bethesda, Maryland, a variety of premier plastic surgery procedures. For more than 15 years Dr. Feledy has been helping men and women attain the physique and facial characteristics they desire. He also performs reconstructive and revision procedures to address physical changes resulting from disease (e.g., breast cancer), genetics (e.g., tuberous breasts) or some other medical condition (e.g., gynecomastia). Dr. Jules Feledy performs these plastic surgery procedures at his state-of-the-art surgery center located in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Plastic Surgery Procedures Available at Belmont Plastic Surgery Near Bethesda, Maryland
Plastic Surgery Procedures Designed for the Face and Neck
As time passes, changes occur in the face and neck. The neck and facial rejuvenation procedures that Dr. Feledy performs at his surgery center, provides patients with a way to diminish the visible signs of aging.
A Blepharoplasty Procedure
This surgical procedure is also referred to as an eye lift and eyelid lift surgery. Dr. Feledy performs this procedure to improve the appearance of a patient’s eyelids by rejuvenating the area surrounding the eyes. In addition, this procedure is used to address functional problems with the eyelids. Dr. Jules Feledy can perform this procedure on the lower lids, upper lids or on both.
Issues that eyelid surgery can address include:
- Fat deposits that cause the area beneath the eye to appear puffy.
- Sagging or loose skin that results in folds and/or interrupts the contour of the upper lid, which can impair an individual’s ability to see.
- Under eye bags.
- Fine wrinkles and excess skin on the lower lid.
- Lower eyelids that droop, revealing the white portion of the eye located beneath the iris.
A Brow Lift
This procedure is also referred to as a forehead lift. Dr. Feledy uses this plastic surgery procedure to reduce the horizontal lines that develop across the forehead. A brow lift can also address the lines between the patient’s eyes as well as those located above the bridge of his or her nose.
A forehead lift can be used to:
- Raise the eyebrows when they sag and partially cover the upper eyelids (i.e., hooding).
- Improve vertical creases between the brows, which are commonly referred to as ‘frown lines.’
- Move the eyebrows to a more youthful position.
During a brow lift, Dr. Feledy frequently performs other procedures. Plastic surgery procedures near Bethesda, Maryland, that are performed in conjunction with a brow lift include a facelift as well as an upper and/or lower blepharoplasty procedure.
This procedure is also referred to as a rhytidectomy. It is designed to address issues with the lower section of the face. Dr. Jules Feledy can use this plastic surgery procedure to address a variety of issues in the lower face that develop as part of the natural aging process.
Signs of aging that a facelift can address include:
- Facial skin that has relaxed and is causing the face to droop.
- The loss of fat in the face and/or facial fat that has fallen.
- The deep lines that develop between the nose and the corners of the mouth.
- The jowls that develop in the jaw.
- The loose skin of the neck that causes ‘turkey neck.’
- The excess fat beneath the chin (i.e., double chin).
Dr. Feledy can perform several procedures at the same time during a facelift. For example, many patients choose to have a facelift in combination with a neck lift. He can also add volume to the face via an autologous fat transfer.
A Neck Lift
This procedure may also be referred to as a lower rhytidectomy. With this plastic surgery procedure, Dr. Feledy can improve the signs of aging in the jawline and the neck.
Issues that can be addressed with a lower rhytidectomy include:
- The relaxed skin and excess fat in the lower face that results in the development of jowls.
- Abnormal contours of the neck (i.e., muscle banding).
- The fatty deposits located beneath the chin (i.e., double chin).
- Loose skin on the neck.
A cheek augmentation can be used to lift or add volume to the cheeks. Individuals who have lost volume in their cheeks or have cheeks that sag may be good candidates for this plastic surgery procedure. In addition, people who would like to address thin or flat cheeks may want to consider this procedure.
Cheek augmentation procedure options include:
- Fat grafting, which involves harvesting fat from the patient, purifying it and then injecting it into the cheeks.
- Cheek implants can also be used to fill out the cheeks.
- Dermal fillers can temporarily add volume to the cheeks.
Plastic Surgery Procedures Near Bethesda, Maryland, Designed to Change a Patient’s Natural Features
When an individual’s natural facial features lack harmony, he or she may choose to have a plastic surgery procedure to address the facial characteristics that are causing this imbalance. Most of the time, the characteristics responsible for this imbalance are the chin, nose and/or the ears. Dr. Jules Feledy performs plastic surgery procedures for individuals in and around Bethesda, Maryland, who are interested in changing the size and/or shape of their natural facial features.
A Chin Augmentation
This plastic surgery procedure is also referred to as a mentoplasty. During this procedure, Dr. Feledy can improve the proportions of the face by reshaping the chin.
Chin augmentation options:
- A bone reduction procedure can be used to reshape and/or decrease the projection of the chin.
- A chin implant can be used to add volume and change the shape of the chin.
Cosmetic Ear Surgery
This plastic surgery procedure is also referred to as an otoplasty or ear pinning surgery. Using this procedure, Dr. Jules Feledy can improve the position, shape and/or proportion of the ear. Therefore, individuals who have prominent, mispositioned and/or misshapen ears can benefit from cosmetic ear surgery.
Cosmetic ear surgery can be used to address:
- Macrotia, which is the medical term used for overly large ears.
- Ears that protrude, as long as there is no association between the patient’s protruding ears and hearing loss. Protruding ears can be present on just one side or on both sides.
- Dissatisfaction with a previous cosmetic ear procedure.
Nose Reshaping Surgery
This plastic surgery procedure near Bethesda, Maryland, may be referred to as a rhinoplasty, nasal surgery or a nose job. This procedure can be used to enhance facial harmony and/or to correct breathing problems caused by structural defects within the nose (e.g., a deviated septum).
Issues Dr. Jules Feledy can address with a rhinoplasty procedure include:
- Visible depressions and/or bumps on the bridge of the nose.
- The overall size of the nose, in relation to facial balance.
- An enlarged or upturned, bulbous, hooked or drooping nasal tip.
- The width of the bridge.
- Large, upturned or wide nostrils.
- The position and size of the nostrils.
- Nasal irregularities.
Addressing a deviated septum:
A deviated septum can reduce the amount of air entering the nasal passages, which negatively affects the patient’s ability to breathe. Choosing an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon to perform this procedure is vital because when nose surgery is performed to improve an individual’s ability to breathe, careful consideration must be given to the role the nasal structure plays in relation to airflow.
Dr. Jules Feledy has been performing surgery to address a deviated septum for more than 15 years. He knows how to adjust the nasal structure in such a way as to produce better alignment, thus, eliminating the airflow blockage so the patient can breathe easier.
Plastic Surgery Procedures to Address Excess Skin
Individuals who have lost a substantial amount of weight can benefit from the body contouring procedures available at Belmont Plastic Surgery in Chevy Chase, Maryland, near Bethesda.
Dr. Feledy uses his artistic vision and skill to provide his patients with the slimmer, more-toned appearance they desire.
Body contouring procedures include the:
- Medial thigh lift to correct inner thigh sagging.
- Lower body lift, which is used to correct sagging of the buttocks, abdomen, inner and outer thighs.
- Tummy tuck can be used to address the excess skin that falls beneath the waist and over the mons pubis.
- Breast lift, which addresses sagging, flattened breasts.
- Upper arm lift to correct the sagging skin that remains after weight loss.
- Facelift, which is designed to correct the sagging skin of the neck, jowls and the middle of the face.
A Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
This procedure is used to increase the size of the buttocks. This plastic surgery procedure involves harvesting fat from another area of the patient’s body, purifying it and then injecting the purified fat into targeted areas of the patient’s buttocks.
A BBL can:
- Improve the overall balance of the patient’s figure.
- Increase the volume, projection and roundness of the buttocks.
Frequently referred to as just ‘lipo,’ this procedure is used to remove excess fat. During a liposuction procedure, Dr. Feledy reshapes and slims specific areas of the body, thus improving the patient’s contours and proportion.
Liposuction can be used to treat the:
- Abdominal area.
- Upper arm area.
- Chest area.
- Inner portion of the knee.
- Chin, cheeks and neck.
Dr. Feledy can perform liposuction by itself or in conjunction with other plastic surgery procedures available at Dr. Feledy’s surgery center in Chevy Chase, Maryland, near Bethesda.
A Mommy Makeover
This plastic surgery procedure is designed to restore a woman’s body following pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding. Areas most frequently addressed during a mommy makeover include the abdomen, breasts, buttocks and genital area.
Procedures that can be included in a mommy makeover include a:
- Breast lift.
- Breast augmentation.
- Tummy tuck.
- Liposuction procedure.
- Butt augmentation.
- Labiaplasty, which is a vaginal rejuvenation procedure.
Plastic Surgery Procedures Available Near Bethesda, Maryland, to Address Issues Related to the Breast
Women who would like to change the characteristics of their breasts can have plastic surgery procedures to attain the beautiful, voluminous and perky-looking breasts they desire. Dr. Feledy also performs procedures to reduce the size of the breasts and address breast issues following a mastectomy.
A Breast Augmentation
Also referred to as an augmentation mammoplasty, during this procedure Dr. Feledy increases the size of the breasts using breast implants or with an autologous fat transfer.
Some women choose to have an augmentation to restore their breasts following a significant amount of weight loss, pregnancy, as a way to improve the natural symmetry of their breasts and/or to achieve a rounder breast shape.
A breast augmentation can:
- Increase the projection and fullness of the breasts.
- Improve the balance between the contours of the breasts and hips.
Dr. Feledy frequently performs an augmentation and a breast lift during the same surgical session. This combination procedure adds volume, reshapes the breasts and lifts them to a position higher on the chest. In addition, with a breast lift, the nipple-areolar complexes are reduced in size and repositioned on the breast mounds.
A Breast Lift
Also called a mastopexy, this plastic surgery procedure is used to raise the breasts and reduce the size of the nipple-areolar complexes. During this procedure, Dr. Feledy removes excess skin and tightens the surrounding tissue, reshaping it to add support for the new contour of the breasts.
A mastopexy can:
- Eliminate sagging by lifting the breasts higher on the chest.
- Rejuvenate the figure by creating a more youthful-looking profile.
- Decrease the size of the nipple-areolar complexes.
- Reposition the nipple-areolar complexes on the newly created breast mounds.
A Breast Reduction
Also referred to as a reduction mammoplasty, this procedure is designed to address excessively large breasts (i.e., macromastia). This procedure reduces the size of the breasts to help alleviate the discomforts commonly associated with macromastia (e.g., neck pain, shoulder pain, back pain, indented shoulders, rashes, etc.). During this plastic surgery procedure, Dr. Feledy removes excess glandular tissue, breast fat and skin to provide the patient with a breast size that is more proportionate to the rest of her body.
Dr. Feledy also performs procedures for women who have had mastectomies. Dr. Feledy performs the DIEP flap and TRAM flap procedures.
During breast reconstruction procedures, Dr. Jules Feledy uses his experience, artistic vision and skill to create women beautiful, natural-looking breasts.
What breast reconstruction surgery can accomplish:
- Beautifully-contoured, natural-looking breasts created with or without implants.
- A reconstructed nipple-areolar complex (if a nipple-sparing mastectomy was performed).
- A realistic-looking nipple tattoo (if a nipple-sparing mastectomy was not performed).
Breast Implant Removal and Breast Implant Replacement
Dr. Feledy can remove the patient’s current breast implant and replace it with a new one, or he can remove the implant altogether without replacing it.
Tubular Breast Surgery
This plastic surgery procedure is performed for women who have inherited tubular-looking breasts. Dr. Feledy corrects the shape of the breasts so that they appear more rounded.
This surgery is a breast reduction procedure designed for men who have developed excess breast tissue. Dr. Feledy removes the excess tissue to flatten the chest and enhance the chest contours.
If a patient has a severe case of gynecomastia that has led to stretching of the nipple-areolar complexes, the size of the nipple-areolar complexes can be reduced. Excess skin will also be removed.
If you would like to learn more about any of the plastic surgery procedures listed above, contact Dr. Jules Feledy at 301-654-5666 today. As a board-certified, aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon who has been performing these procedures for more than 15 years, Dr. Feledy has the experience, skill and vision to provide you with the natural-looking plastic surgery results you desire. Belmont Plastic Surgery is located at 5530 Wisconsin Avenue, #818 in Chevy Chase, Maryland, near Bethesda.