Mommy Makeover in Washington DC
Schedule Your Consultation
We have offices in both Washington, DC and Stafford, VA to better serve you. Schedule your Mommy Makeover consultation today!
Before & After Gallery
Mommy Makeover Surgery
Becoming a mom can cause many unwanted changes in your overall figure and body shape. Many new mothers experience excess or sagging skin around the abdomen, sagging and/or a loss of breast volume.
A mommy makeover is a series of cosmetic surgery procedures specifically designed to help women regain their youthful body shape and figure after pregnancy and childbirth.
‘Getting the ‘Mommy Makeover’ was the best decision I’ve made! I’d heard about it from a friend and, boy, do I feel like a new woman! I was told Belmont Plastic Surgery did the best mommy makeover in Washington DC that I could get and that certainly seems accurate! Thanks Dr. Feledy!’ – R.R.*
Mommy Makeover FAQs
1) What is a Mommy Makeover?
For most patients, a mommy makeover involves a tummy tuck surgery combined with breast augmentation surgery. Additionally, liposuction may be performed. Throughout the consultation process, Belmont Plastic Surgery’s renowned Dr. Feledy will work with you to create a personalized surgical plan to fit your specific needs and goals.
2) Am I an ideal candidate for a mommy makeover?
If you’re a mother who is bothered by the changes brought on by pregnancy, then a mommy makeover may be right for you. The surgery is designed to address problems such as a protruding tummy, persistent areas of body fat, or sagging or deflated breasts. Patients are typically advised to wait at least six months after childbirth before considering a mommy makeover.
3) Is breast augmentation part of a “mommy makeover”?
Commonly a part of a mommy makeover, breast augmentation surgery can help new mothers achieve fuller, more symmetrical breasts. Breast Augmentation involves using breast implants, saline or silicone, or fat (referred to as fat transfer breast augmentation) to increase the size of your breasts or restore breast volume that has been lost after weight reduction or pregnancy. The surgery can improve your body proportion, feminine appearance and self-confidence.
4) Is a tummy tuck part of a “mommy makeover”?
At the core of a mommy makeover is the tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty. This surgery removes excess fat and skin and, in most cases, restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer. This is typically a must as a mother’s body will have changed after giving birth. A flat and well-toned abdomen is something many women strive for through exercise and weight control.
It is fairly common for a separation of the stomach muscles to occur during pregnancy, known as rectus diastases. This can result in a bulge in the lower abdominal area that no amount of exercise or dieting will resolve. What has happened is the actual stomach muscles are no longer attached properly in the center of your stomach. A properly done tummy tuck surgery is the only way to address this physical change that can occur as a result of a pregnancy. One way to tell if you have rectus diastesus is to attempt a sit-up. If your stomach area bulges abnormally, there is a chance you could need this surgery.
5) How often is liposuction part of a mommy makeover”?
Used less often than a breast augmentation and tummy tuck, liposuction can be an essential procedure in restoring the beautiful look a mother wants to achieve. Liposuction targets fat deposits that are particularly resistant to exercise and dietary changes. It is frequently used in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures. If needed, the doctor can perform liposuction during your mommy makeover to help slim down specific areas of your body.
For the best mommy makeover Washington DC has available, your makeover may include one or several of these procedures. You can review each of them more in depth on their specific pages on this site or you can get more information by contacting Belmont Plastic Surgery and scheduling your consultation today.
What will happen during the consultation process?
During your consultation with leading Washington DC plastic surgeon, Dr. Feledy, he will determine which procedures will help you regain a more youthful body shape. He will also be available to answer any questions you have and discuss the procedures in detail so you can create a customized treatment plan. You’ll be confident that Belmont Plastic Surgery provides the safest mommy makeover Washington DC has to offer.
As part of the process, Dr. Feledy will examine several factors to establish what physically occurred with your body as a result of motherhood and what your goals are for the mommy makeover. Before considering this surgery, one should also consider:
- Being finished with breast feeding is essential
- It is recommended that you get a mommy makeover once you have decided no further child births are in your future
- Setup enough help and time to recover from the surgery as it will effect your normal schedule for several weeks
‘Helping a mother who feels she’s lost some of her beauty as a result of motherhood is a rewarding part of my job. I’m a father and greatly respect the dedication and physical stress a mother’s body goes through in pregnancy. The fact that, with a mommy makeover we can restore a mother back to feeling beautiful and more confident after such a stress is something all mothers should know.Dr. Jules Feledy
Mommy Makeover Before & After Photos
See Belmont Plastic Surgery’s mommy makeover before and after results. It is important to look at before and after images to get an idea of what can be achieved with a surgery and to help guide the process with the doctor of determining the outcome you are going for.
Schedule your consultation with Belmont Plastic Surgery in Washington DC today
Mommy Makeover in Washington, DC
Becoming pregnant and having a baby is one of the most exciting times in a woman’s life, however, pregnancy and breastfeeding can lead to a variety of physical changes. These changes can be addressed using a combination of procedures that are designed for the specific areas of the body affected by pregnancy and breastfeeding, board-certified, aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon Dr. Jules Feledy helps mothers attain the look they want. Since this procedure package is designed for mothers, it is lovingly referred to as a mommy makeover. Many mothers in the Washington, DC area are choosing to attain the body characteristics they want through utilizing these revolutionary procedures.
Common Physical Changes a Mommy Makeover in Washington, DC, Can Address
Some of the physical changes that result from pregnancy and breastfeeding include stretched abdominal skin, pendulous breasts and pockets of fat in areas that are resistant to diet and exercise. While these changes can be bothersome, the good news is that a board-certified, experienced plastic surgeon can help return these areas of the mother’s body closer to their pre-pregnancy state. This is accomplished using a combination of procedures. Since these procedures address the areas frequently affected by pregnancy and breastfeeding, this combination of procedures is referred to as a mommy makeover. Many women choose Dr. Jules Feledy, who is an aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon, to perform their makeovers. Dr. Feledy is an award-winning plastic surgeon, who is considered one of the top surgeons in the Washington, DC, area.
What is a Mommy Makeover in Washington, DC?
The mommy makeover term refers to a specific group of procedures that relate to addressing the physical changes resulting from pregnancy and breastfeeding. This makeover typically consists of a breast augmentation with an abdominoplasty (aka tummy tuck) or a mini abdominoplasty (aka mini tummy tuck). While these are the standard procedures included in this makeover, a variety of cosmetic procedures can be added, that way all the procedures can be performed during the same surgical session. Patients who are interested in adding procedures to their makeovers should discuss these desires with Dr. Jules Feledy at their initial consultation.
What Other Procedures Can Be Added to a Washington, DC, Mommy Makeover?
Some women choose to add liposuction and a breast lift (aka mastopexy) to their surgical session. Although these are common additions, please do not hesitate to ask Dr. Feledy about other procedures you are interested in. He may be able to add those to your procedure as well.
At Belmont Plastic Surgery, Dr. Jules Feledy provides each patient with her own custom-designed surgical plan. Dr. Feledy takes the time to personalize each mother’s surgical plan so he can help his patient achieve her specific goals.
Who Should Have a Mommy Makeover?
Mothers who would like to address body changes that occurred during pregnancy and while breastfeeding may want to consider using this makeover to address those changes. With a mommy makeover at Belmont Plastic Surgery near Washington, DC, Dr. Jules Feledy can help mothers regain some of the pre-pregnancy physical characteristics that have been lost.
While this makeover is designed for mothers, even women who have not been pregnant can benefit from this procedure because many of the physical changes that occur after having a baby and breastfeeding (e.g., loose abdominal skin and lost breast volume, etc.) can also result due to the natural aging process.
Dr. Feledy can use this personalized makeover to reshape the patient’s breasts and restore lost volume. In addition, a flatter abdomen can be achieved. The best candidate for a makeover is someone who is in good overall health, who does not use products containing nicotine and who has a desire to change the areas of her body that can be included in this type of makeover.
Women interested in having a mommy makeover near Washington, DC, include:
Women who want to increase the size of their breasts
– The breast augmentation is frequently performed during a mommy makeover to help mothers achieve breasts that are more symmetrical and fuller. When a patient has a breast augmentation, she will need to have breast implants placed or fat removed via liposuction from one area of her body (e.g., abdomen, thighs, buttocks, etc.) so she can have it injected into her breasts. This surgery can improve the proportions of a woman’s body, increase her self-confidence level and add to her femininity.
Mothers interested in addressing excess fat and skin on their abdomens
– The full abdominoplasty and the mini abdominoplasty are designed to address the stomach area.
A full abdominoplasty
– Any excess fat and skin the patient has in her abdominal area is addressed. Dr. Feledy can perform a full tummy tuck to restore the patient’s separated or weakened muscles to their pre-pregnancy state, or better.
A mini abdominoplasty
– This procedure is designed to address the section of the abdomen located beneath the navel. A tummy tuck and mini tummy tuck can provide the patient with the firmer, smoother abdominal profile that she desires.
Women who have stomach muscles that separated while they were pregnant
– Separation of the stomach muscles during pregnancy is quite common. When these muscles separate, a woman will have a bulge in her lower abdominal area. No matter how hard she tries, exercise and diet are unable to resolve this issue. The diet and exercise approach will not work because the abdominal muscles are not attached properly. The only way to address this post-pregnancy issue is with a tummy tuck.
You can find out if your muscles are separated by attempting to perform a sit-up. If you notice that your abdominal area bulges abnormally, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck.
Mothers who would like fat removed from areas that are resistant to diet and exercise
– Although liposuction is used less frequently during a mommy makeover than an abdominoplasty and a breast augmentation are, liposuction can be used to contour the mother’s body. Using liposuction, Dr. Jules Feledy can target areas of the body that are resistant to diet and exercise. Since liposuction procedures are frequently performed at the same time as other plastic surgery procedures, if the patient would like these problematic areas addressed with liposuction during her makeover, Dr. Feledy can add this procedure to her surgical plan.
Women who would like their breasts to sit higher on their chests
– Mothers who would prefer that their breasts sit higher on the chest may choose to have a breast lift during their makeovers. During this procedure, besides moving the breasts higher on the chest, Dr. Jules Feledy will reduce the size of the nipple-areolar complexes. Once their size is reduced, he will move the complexes to a natural-looking position on the patient’s already lifted and beautifully-shaped breasts.
Can a Woman Who Still Wants to Have More Children Have a Mommy Makeover?
Any woman can have a mommy makeover, however, women who still plan on becoming pregnant are not good candidates for this group of procedures. If a woman does decide to have a makeover, and then becomes pregnant, all the work performed by Dr. Feledy will likely be lost. Nonetheless, a woman who still plans on having children may be a good candidate for some of the alternative treatments available at Belmont Plastic Surgery near Washington, DC. Dr. Jules Feledy can help the patient decide which other procedures she would benefit from.
After Childbirth, How Long Does a Mother Need to Wait to Have Her Makeover?
Dr. Feledy advises that his patients wait about six months after giving birth before they begin considering a makeover.
Mommy Makeover Procedure Options at Belmont Plastic Surgery
While there are procedures commonly performed during a mommy makeover near Washington, DC, patients are encouraged to inform Dr. Jules Feledy of any other procedures they are interested in: He may be able to include these procedures in their makeover surgical session as well.
Common mommy makeover procedure options include:
A tummy tuck
– Women who have a muffin top can benefit from a tummy tuck. While performing an abdominoplasty, Dr. Feledy removes excess fat and skin. In addition, if the abdominal muscles are loose, he tightens them or if they became separated during pregnancy, he repairs them. One benefit that some women enjoy after their abdominoplasty is the elimination of some of their stretch marks: This happens when the excess skin below the navel is removed. Women who have an excessive amount of skin removed will need Dr. Jules Feledy to create them a designer navel (belly button).
A mini tummy tuck
– Women who only need their lower abdomen addressed may be good candidates for a mini tummy tuck. The type of tummy tuck Dr. Feledy recommends will depend on each patient’s particular circumstances.
A mastopexy (aka breast lift)
– A breast lift is used to address pendulous breasts. During this procedure, Dr. Jules Feledy raises the patient’s breasts to a position higher on her chest. When necessary, he will reduce the size of her nipple-areolar complexes, and then place them on the patient’s newly-shaped and lifted breasts. He is meticulous about placement of the complexes to ensure the patient receives a balanced, natural-looking result.
A breast augmentation (aka breast implant surgery, augmentation mammoplasty)
– When a woman’s breasts shrink due to pregnancy and/or breast feeding, Dr. Jules Feledy can use breast implants to restore the lost volume. During a mommy makeover, volume restoration can be used to improve the size and the shape of the breasts. For many women, a breast augmentation can help create perky, youthful-looking breasts. If the woman is experiencing breast sagging, her augmentation can be combined with a breast lift. Before a breast augmentation, Dr. Feledy will discuss the patient’s augmentation options with her.
Implant options include:
– These implants tend to look and feel more like a woman’s natural breast tissue than saline implants do. These implants are FDA-approved for women who are at least 22.
– These implants consist of a silicone shell filled with sterile salt water. One benefit of saline implants is that they are placed empty and then filled. Since they are placed empty, the incision necessary to place saline implants may be shorter than the incision used to place silicone implants. Saline implants are FDA-approved for women who are at least 18.
Smooth or textured implants
– Depending on the type of implant a patient chooses, she may have the option of choosing a smooth or a textured outer surface.
– Anatomical or round. Silicone breast implants are available in round and anatomical shapes.
– The incision location used for breast implants during a mommy makeover is based on the type of implant the patient chooses and the surgeon’s personal choice. Dr. Feledy will always recommend the type of incision that he believes will provide the patient with optimal results.
Incision options include:
The inframammary incision
– This incision is created along the crease at the base of the breast.
The periareolar incision
– This incision is created around the nipple-areolar complex.
The transaxillary incision
– This incision is created within the patient’s underarm area.
Implant pocket location
– While performing a breast augmentation for a mommy makeover patient, Dr. Jules Feledy creates a small pocket in which to place the breast implant. Implant placement is frequently determined by the patient’s physical characteristics.
An implant’s pocket can be placed:
– Above the pectoral muscle, but beneath the breast tissue.
– Beneath both the breast tissue and the pectoral muscle.
Dr. Feledy helps each of his patients determine which of these breast implant procedure options will serve her the best.
– Although liposuction is not a good weight loss option, it can be used to remove unwanted pockets of fat located in the areas of the body that are resistant to diet and exercise. Dr. Feledy uses his artistic vision, experience and skill to contour the areas of the body receiving liposuction treatments.
Your Initial Consultation for a Personalized Mommy Makeover Near Washington, DC
At Belmont Plastic Surgery, Dr. Jules Feledy and his staff know that discussing aesthetic concerns is very personal. For this reason, each staff member helps patients feel comfortable and relaxed during their consultations.
Dr. Feledy will ask a variety of questions to find out what you would like him to address during your procedure.
During your appointment, you can expect to:
- Discuss current FDA regulations that govern the use of silicone and saline breast implants (if a breast augmentation is part of your mommy makeover).
- Discuss potential complications and risks associated with the procedures you are interested in having.
- Learn the specifics related to the procedures you plan to have during your makeover. Discuss what you should do to prepare for your procedures and what you need to do after your procedures.
- Thoroughly discuss how each procedure you are having during your mommy makeover surgical session is performed.
- Provide you with detailed information related to the cost of your procedures and payment options.
You will need to provide Dr. Jules Feledy with information about:
- Your medical history (e.g., surgeries, treatments, chronic health conditions, etc.).
- Any medications, over the counter medications, vitamins and/or herbal supplements that you take regularly.
- Whether you use products containing nicotine (e.g., cigarettes, e-cigarettes, gum or patches). These items must be discontinued at least four weeks before your procedure and four weeks after. If you disregard these recommendations, you are putting yourself at a higher risk for experiencing some type of complication, including infection. Nicotine causes blood vessels to become narrow, which slows the healing process. Whether you drink alcoholic beverages and/or participate in recreational drug use on a regular basis.
Dr. Feledy Creates Custom-Designed Mommy Makeovers
Your makeover is custom-tailored to address your specific needs and desires.
Preparing for a Mommy Makeover at Belmont Plastic Surgery
You will receive general anesthesia during your procedure. Since you are receiving anesthesia, you will not be permitted to drive for at least 24 hours after your makeover, therefore, you need to ask a friend or family member to drive you home after your procedure. Please make sure to choose a driver who is at least 18 years old. In addition, since you will be groggy, please choose a friend or family member that you know you can trust. At Belmont Plastic Surgery, patients are not permitted to use public transportation or a ride-for-hire service following their plastic surgery procedures. Dr. Jules Feledy adopted this policy to ensure the safety of his patients.
Dr. Feledy requires that his patients have someone remain with them for at least 24 hours after their makeover. However, if you have someone that can stay with you for a few days, that is ideal.
You will receive an instruction sheet before you leave Belmont Plastic Surgery after your mommy makeover. You and your caregiver should use this sheet as a guide throughout your recovery.
Dr. Jules Feledy may request that you have some presurgical testing done. He may also want you to receive surgical clearance from your primary care physician before your makeover.
Take two weeks off school and/or work. Although you may be able to return to school and/or work (as long as it is a sedentary position that does not require lifting) sooner, it is best to have the extra time off, just in case you need it. If you are required to perform a lot of lifting at work, you will need from four to six weeks off.
Recovering from Your Washington, DC, Mommy Makeover
Once you are fully awake, and Dr. Feledy is satisfied with your post-surgical assessment, you will be released to your driver. Before you leave Belmont Plastic Surgery, your recovery nurse will provide you with detailed instructions related to caring for your wounds, guidelines that need to be followed to minimize your risk of experiencing a complication as you recover, what to watch for that could indicate the need for medical assistance and information about your follow-up appointment.
When compared to the other mommy makeover procedures, it is the abdomen that usually takes the longest to heal. As such, it is essential that you follow Dr. Jules Feledy’s restrictions until he releases you to perform specific activities: For example, it is very important that you avoid picking up anything that is heavy, including small children and pets.
You should expect to experience inflammation and bruising, however, these post-surgical symptoms will gradually decrease as time passes. As these symptoms subside, the results achieved with your makeover will begin to emerge.
While the recovery phase generally lasts about six weeks, it may be several months before your final results become visible.
How Much Does It Cost to Have a Mommy Makeover at Belmont Plastic Surgery?
Since this makeover is catered to meet your specific needs, and typically includes several plastic surgery procedures, the price depends on a variety of factors, including the procedures that you would like to have and the extent of each procedure (e.g., a tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck). If you are having a breast augmentation, the kind of implants you would like Dr. Feledy to use will also need to be figured into the total cost.
To determine how much your makeover will cost, you need to make an appointment for an initial consultation at Belmont Plastic Surgery. Once your consultation is complete, your cost for a mommy makeover can be ascertained.
Financing Options Are Available at Belmont Plastic Surgery
Dr. Jules Feledy knows how important it is to feel good about the way you look. This is one of the reasons that he offers his patients the option of applying for CareCredit to finance their plastic surgery procedures. With CareCredit, patients can receive their plastic surgery procedures now and pay for them over time.
As a dedicated, caring and knowledgeable surgeon, who provides his patients with exceptional results, it is easy to see why Dr. Jules Feledy is an award-winning, board-certified plastic surgeon. Since he is considered one of Washington, DC’s, top plastic surgeons, patients know that when they choose Dr. Feledy to perform their plastic surgery procedures, they are in good hands.
If you are looking for an experienced plastic surgeon specializing in the procedures included in a mommy makeover, contact Belmont Plastic Surgery at (301) 654-5666 today and schedule your initial consultation. If you prefer, you can use the online contact form by clicking here. Belmont Plastic Surgery is located at 5530 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 818 in Chevy Chase, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
- Body Contouring
- Body Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Fat Grafting
- Hand Surgeon
- Mommy Makeover
- Thigh Lift
- Tummy Tuck