Dr. Eric Maiorino
Dr. Eric Maiorino is a young, energetic surgeon with an unparalleled drive. He is licensed to practice medicine in Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC. Dr. Maiorino has been recognized throughout his career for his compassion, talent and work ethic, winning awards at every level of training.
An incredibly caring and skilled practitioner, Dr. Maiorino has experience performing a wide array of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures, with a special interest in body contouring, breast contouring and facial rejuvenation. However, his true passion is helping women navigate breast reconstruction after cancer treatments, where his compassion and talents can shine in a way that can help people after a challenging time.
Training & Experience
Dr. Maiorino earned his medical degree in 2012 from Temple University School of Medicine (now the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University) in Philadelphia. Following graduation from medical school, Dr. Maiorino began his extensive training with a general surgery residency under the chairmanship of Dr. Amy Goldberg at the Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia. During his residency, he was awarded both the Consultant of the Year and Resident Educator of the Year awards. He was the administrative chief resident in a very busy level 1 trauma hospital often leading junior residents through complex surgeries. He also had the opportunity to work abroad in Taiwan where he was able to train in microsurgical techniques with some of the best surgeons in the world.
Dr. Maiorino then moved onto a Plastic surgery fellowship in 2018, under the supervision of Dr. Erik Marques at the University of Texas in Houston at Hermann Memorial Hospital. Here he gained extensive experience treating traumatic soft tissue wounds at one of the largest trauma centers in the country. In addition, he spent many months training at MD Anderson Cancer Center, where he was able to provide reconstructive efforts to people suffering from a wide variety of cancers. He was able to perform many complex breast and cosmetic surgeries on a diverse group of patients and body types, further honing his skills.
Awards & Accolades
- Temple Hospital Consultant of the Year (2017)
- Temple Hospital Resident Educator of the Year (2017)
- Second place winner for Best Clinical Presentation at Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting (2018)
- Maiorino, E. Unilateral and Bilateral Cleft Lip Reconstruction. Plastic Surgery Resident. 2019; 14: 10-11,28
- Marques,E, Maiorino E, Tallackson, Z, Masoomi, H. Self Amputation of the Upper Extremity: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Cureus. 2019 Oct 7;11(10):e5858. doi: 10.7759/cureus.5858.
- Melissinos E, Maiorino E, Marques E. Use of Adductor Magnus Muscle Free Flap for Lower Extremity Soft Tissue Coverage: A Reasonable Alternative to the Gracilis Muscle Flap with Unfavorable Vascular Anatomy.
Memberships & Hospital Privileges
Dr. Maiorino maintains staff privileges at the following local hospitals and surgery centers:
- Belmont Surgery Center
- Virginia Hospital Center
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Suburban Hospital
- Stafford Hospital – Stafford, Virginia
Dr. Maiorino is a member of:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgery